FULL TIME – EL SEGUNDO, CA
Confident in your technical capabilities, interested in learning new technologies as mission needs morph, and willing to work in El Segundo, CA side-by-side with our teammates and customers on a small multi-faceted team.
Support the acquisition, development & deployment of USSF’s future Space Domain Awareness Satellite Systems as a member of the government program office’s Ground and Operations Integrated Product Team.
Provide technical recommendations to Government decision makers by
- Developing mission-oriented requirements in the form of contract Statements of Work and technical requirements documents
- Offering direct technical perspective on wide breadth of topic areas during program office engagements with system contractors and stakeholders
- Performing technical evaluations of proposed solutions to new/modified requirements
- Reviewing design documents and test reports validating system compliance with technical requirements
- Providing on-the-floor data analysis during on-orbit check-out and verification of new systems
Develop acquisition strategies to efficiently modernize heritage hardware and software. Effectively improving the system will include finding opportunities to update the configuration control, test, and deployment processes that maintain the system.
Often independently, identify and prioritize tasks that advance the objectives of the program office. This may include development of requirements, interface definitions, concepts of operations, cost estimation, and programmatic artifacts.
- Strong foundation in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical engineering, math and/or physics
- Experience in development or operations of agile satellites
- Background in software development and test for cloud-hosted applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of satellite ground software across all functions (mission data processing, command and telemetry, mission planning, etc.)
- Familiarity with Visual Basic
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years of experience
Compensation: Base Salary: $125,000-155,000, however this is commensurate with experience. Annual bonuses can be significant because they are based on the extent to which the employee drives profitability for the company.
Palski & Associates offers full time employees Medical, Dental discount plan, Vision, 401k, 3 weeks of accrued PTO, Paid Holidays, and a generous HRA105.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Palski and Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.